Stoa USA is pleased to partner with LexisNexis® in order to provide our members with the best research tool available in the marketplace! Our special Stoa Member-only price is just $40 per student for the upcoming academic year!
The same content costs organizations $3,000 per year for a single-user license!
What is it?
LexisNexis is the premier database in use today for legal, corporate, government, and advanced academic research. Previously, this powerful tool remained an untapped resource in homeschool forensics, due to its price tag of over $3,000 per year for a single-user license. However, LexisNexis is now offering a group discount for homeschooled speech and debate competitors across the nation, enabling you to enjoy access to this incredible research tool for only $40 per student per academic year – mere pennies in comparison to its normal price!
What can LexisNexis do for me?
Students and coaches alike will now be able to easily and efficiently locate a wealth of highly- credible research and documentation, written by leading experts in both the public and private sectors. The vast array of available topics includes government, law, economics, social issues, technology, and private industry, from sources largely inaccessible via typical search engines.
According to their website, “across the globe, LexisNexis provides customers with access to billions of searchable documents and records from more than 45,000 legal, news and business sources.” Just imagine what this workhorse can do for your forensics research and academic prowess! You can cite LexisNexis sources with confidence, knowing they are of the highest caliber and readily accessible in their original, complete formats.
But that’s not all – LexisNexis is also the industry standard utilized for research in government, academia, and private industry. So gaining proficiency in using this search engine now can translate into collegiate excellence and marketable job skills down the road. What could be better?
What is included?
Each student or adult that is registered with LexisNexis will get full access to their database and array of search tools, which allow you to create custom searches and alerts that will notify you when material is posted that matches your criteria, including:
Extensive news coverage
- Full text of articles from more than 2,500 newspapers from the U.S. and around the world, including top-tier news sources such as The New York Times®, The Washington Post®, Los Angeles Times®, as well as local newspapers
- Full text of articles from more than 1,000 magazines and journals, and more than 1,000 newsletters, such as American Journalism Review, Business and Finance Week, Newsweek®, The New Republic and Variety®
- Wire services, updated several times per day, including Associated Press®, Business Wire, and PR Newswire
- Broadcast transcripts from major television and radio networks such as ABC News®, CBS News®, CNN®, FOX News®, NBC®, MSNBC® and NPR, as well as political transcripts covering congressional committee hearings, press briefings from the State, Justice and Defense departments, and presidential news conferences
Superior legal-research sources
- Comprehensive U.S. and state cases, including U.S. Supreme Court cases from 1789
- Comprehensive U.S. and state statutes, codes and regulations including U.S. public laws
- Over 500 law reviews and journals
- Dictionaries and encyclopedia provide explanations of legal concepts and terms
- Full text of U.S. and state bills
- Bill-tracking reports for U.S. Congress and state legislatures
- Congressional Record with debates from the House and Senate floors
- Profiles of members of Congress and Congressional voting records
Valuable business content
- LexisNexis® Company Dossier for detailed financials, competitive information, and analysis of 80 million U.S. and international companies
- LexisNexis® Company Profiles that provide business intelligence on public and private companies
- Securities Exchange Commission filings and reports, including SEC 10-Q Reports, SEC 10-K Reports, SEC 8-K Reports, SEC 20-F Reports, SEC Annual Reports to Shareholders, Proxy Statements, Prospectuses, Registration, and Williams Act Filings
How do I register?
Registration is done through the Stoa LexisNexis Registration site. Please remember that LexisNexis registration is a per person price, so you need to pay $40 for each member of your family that will access LexisNexis. We ask that all members please abide by all the license terms and be above reproach in honoring the agreements made between LexisNexis and StoaUSA.
Please plan ahead when you register as access to LexisNexis is not immediately available. It may take a week or two from the time you submit your registration until you have access to LexisNexis. Your access information will be delivered to the email you use during registration.