Check out what is happening in Stoa…
- “Get to Know Stoa” Zoom meeting: Thursday, Sept. 9th at 7 PM CDT
- Club Leader Forums:
Tuesday, Oct. 19th at 7 PM CDT: Setting Students Up for Success. We will discuss how to help students reach their potential.
Monday, Nov. 15th at 7 PM CDT: Keeping Club Fresh – Speech and Debate Drills and Games.
- New class added on the Stoa website HERE!
- Stoa is pleased to work alongside FEE faculty member Dr. Jay Richard He will present a 1–2 hour webinar with Q&A to provide an economic perspective on our Stoa team policy resolution. His webinar is entitled “Will Smart Machines Take Over Our Jobs?” Mark your calendars now for Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 6 pm CDT. Open to all Stoa members! Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid 101: Investing In Your Future Thursday, September 30, 2021 | 7:00pm CentralThe college financial aid process can be overwhelming. It’s difficult to know where to start, what to do next, and what to expect along the way. That’s why David Burney and Michelle Baker from John Brown University will be covering the basics in a virtual workshop this month. Please join us for the workshop!
- Stoa wants to recognize students who use their speaking skills to serve others and change the world for Christ with a Servant Heart Award. Identify a service opportunity you or your club can participate in that uses public speaking skills and start serving! Then document your experience using pictures with voice-over or videos. Learn more about the Servant Heart Award on the Stoa website. The deadline for the first submission is October 15th.
- Support Stoa with AmazonSmile
- Visit AmazonSmile and sign in with your Amazon account info.
- Search under “Your Charity” for “Stoa, Modesto, CA” and click “select”.
- Start shopping!
- Pro-tip: Add a bookmark for AmazonSmile to make it even easier to shop!
- Want to be Stoa’s next Marketing and Design Intern for the Spring 2021 semester? Learn more and apply now!
- To enhance the collaboration among all the areas related to Information Technology, Stoa’s Tab Committee, StoaTraX subcommittee, and IT Committee have merged into Tools and Tabulation Committee. We are actively working to provide new and effective software tools for you! Please consider donating to the Renovate to Innovate campaign.
- As you set your speech and debate goals this year, keep in mind our new requirements for the Founders Award! To receive a Founders Award, students must receive NITOC invitations in five areas: an Interpretive Speech, a Limited Preparation Speech, a Platform Speech, a Wildcard Speech, and a Debate Event. Don’t forget the Wildcard!
- Impromptu is now a NITOC qualifying event! While there are many similarities to the Impromptu event of the past, this time only the top 30% of competitors will qualify for a green checkmark.
- Would you like to find out more about Script Submission? Check out the Rapid Review and Approve video or go to the Script Submission Class with your Stoa Academy Virtual Pass.
- The Stoa Academy Digital Pass is now available to purchase, giving you access to all 32 Stoa Academy 2021 sessions. Stoa Academy Digital Pass
- Find out what the Debate Committee has to say about the LD resolution. Check out the September StoaByte!
- Plan ahead! NITOC 2022 will be hosted by Dallas Baptist University and led by Lynda Sloneker.
- Stoa Prayer
- Parents – Mondays & Fridays @ 3PM CST
- Students – Fridays @ 4:30PM CST.
Contact Allisha@stoausa.org for Zoom link.