Check out what is happening in Stoa…
- Stroll down the Stoa path in the StoaByte to discover how to participate in tournaments.
- Before registering for a tournament this season, be sure to have your affiliate number handy! You can find your affiliate number on the Review and Pay page of your 2021–2022 Stoa Registration or in your Stoa Registration confirmation email.
- “Get to Know Stoa” Zoom meeting: Thursday, Sept. 9th at 7 PM CDT
- Club Leader Forums:Tuesday, Oct. 19th at 7 PM CDT: Setting Students Up for Success. We will discuss how to help students reach their potential.Monday, Nov. 15th at 7 PM CDT: Keeping Club Fresh – Speech and Debate Drills and Games.
- Stoa is pleased to work alongside the Foundation for Economic Education to provide insight into our 2021–2022 debate resolutions. Lincoln Douglas Webinar Thursday, October 28th, 3PM CDTRegister by emailing email@example.com
- It’s already time to start planning for the 2022–2023 season! Do you have ideas for debate resolutions, speech Wild Cards, Mars Hill prompts, or the next Stoa Board members? Send them to us! Contact Stoa!
- Need help citing your sources? Check out the Speech Citations Help Page.
- Stoa wants to recognize students who use their speaking skills to serve others and change the world for Christ with a Servant Heart Award. Identify a service opportunity you or your club can participate in that uses public speaking skills and start serving! Then document your experience using pictures with voice-over or videos. Learn more about the Servant Heart Award on the Stoa website. The deadline for the first submission is October 15th.
- Are you a Mars Hill competitor? You will appreciate this! Our Mars Hill Topic category, Current Cultural Media, now has live links!
- Planning a tournament soon? Our updated 2021–2022 Speech Judge Orientation materials and Speech Judge Orientation Instructions have all you need to prepare for Judge Orientation successfully.
- Need some ideas for your Team Policy case? See the article the Debate Committee wrote for you in the StoaByte.
- Debaters – have you read the rules for 2021-2022? You will want to know the Preparation Time Section in the Debate Rules Executive Summary, 2021–2022 for Team Policy and Lincoln Douglas rules! Clarification is provided in the StoaByte.
- Want to give John Brown University a try while still in high school? Check out our Summer Academy to test-drive a major. Or dive in by taking an online JBU dual enrollment class! There are many course options available in the spring, and the cost is only $105/credit hour. Questions? Reach out to Matt Reddin for more information.
- Meet our Amazing Alumni – Esther Wickham!
- Plan ahead! NITOC 2022 will be hosted by Dallas Baptist University and led by Lynda Sloneker.
- Stoa Prayer
- Parents – Mondays & Fridays @ 3PM CST
- Students – Fridays @ 4:30PM CST.
Contact Allisha@stoausa.org for Zoom link.