Sponsor and Scholarship Opportunities
Stoa’s National Invitational Tournament of Champions (NITOC) 2020
Stoa’s 2020 national tournament includes approximately 600 students, plus younger siblings, parents, and coaches from across the nation, requiring more than 800 community leaders to facilitate the event. It is Stoa’s final national tournament of the competition year. We value your sponsorship!
I. Participation and Support Opportunities at Stoa NITOC 2020
The 2020 NITOC will be held May 24–30, 2020 at Union University in beautiful Jackson, Tennessee. It will begin with our Opening Ceremony and culminate in our Awards Ceremony on Saturday. NITOC will host competitors from nearly thirty states for 6 days of competition.
II. Engage by supporting NITOC 2020
- Sponsorship – Advertisement and announcements at various sponsorship levels. This includes a table at our one-day Vendor Expo!
- Vendors – Meet, greet, and engage both the competitors and their families at your table in an attractive tournament location at our Friday Vendor Expo. This year, our vendor experience is included with all levels of sponsorship.
- Scholarship Offers – Attract high achieving students to your institution by sponsoring scholarships for competitors at NITOC.
Each engagement opportunity is detailed more fully in the following sections.
III. Sponsorship Levels
Sponsors support our organization and families. Varying levels of sponsorship are available:
|Paper Advertisement in Welcome Packet||X||X||X||X|
|Vendor Expo with table, Friday (7am–5pm)||X||X||X||X|
|Lunch provided for two at each vendor table.||X||X||X||X|
|Logo on NITOC Registration Website||X||X||X||X|
|Link to website on NITOC Registration Site||X||X||X|
|Logo on Judge Hospitality Advertisements||X||X||X|
|Logo on NITOC map signage across campus||X||X|
|Logo on NITOC Hall of Champions posters||X||X|
|Logo on Stoa’s national website through July 2020||X|
|NITOC Event Sponsors (selected from 14 events)||X|
List of Stoa’s NITOC 2020 Events:
Lincoln Douglas Debate
Team Policy Debate
Mars Hill Impromptu
Sponsor Opportunities Defined:
- Welcome Packet: Include sponsor’s preprinted paper advertisements to student and parent welcome packet envelopes at check-in. Materials are due May 15th. (~600 students, ~500 parent/family/coach)
- Vendor Expo: All levels of sponsorship include a table at our Vendor Expo; explanation below.
- Friday Lunch: The Stoa Board would like to thank you for your sponsorship of our organization and families, and will be providing lunch for two at each table.
- Registration Site Logo: Your logo and/or link will be placed on the Stoa registration website, based on your selected level of sponsorship.
- Map Signage: Receive recognition with logo on all campus maps during NITOC week.
- Judge Hospitality Advertisement: Receive signage recognition in the NITOC Judges Hospitality room where the judges and parents are mostly located.
- Hall of Champions Recognition: For Diamond and Platinum Level Sponsors, your logo will appear on the Hall of Champion signs where the awards ceremony and other large assembly events are to be held. There will be a Hall of Champions where previous NITOC Champions are identified.
- Stoa National Website: New sponsor page on Stoa’s nationally utilized website, stoausa.org, will include Platinum level sponsor logos through the 2019–2020 season.
- Exclusive Event Sponsors: Be part of our new tradition to support all students in a particular event! When an event is announced at our national awards ceremony, your organization will receive exclusive sponsor recognition. Imagine: “The _______ College-sponsored Humorous Interpretation awards for NITOC 2020. The ____ College Humorous Interpretation Awards are as follows….” This exciting opportunity is available only to our Platinum Level Sponsors. Only 14 event sponsors are available.
Vendor Expo on Friday, May 29th, 2020. Make a big impact in a short amount of time at an indoor location near both our high-traffic campus student areas.
The following is available as part of each sponsor level:
- One Day Vendor Expo: Friday from 7am–5pm*
- Accepting up to 30 vendors among high-traffic indoor areas
- 6-foot tables with two folding chairs
- Electricity available within the building
- Free access to Wifi
- Vendor Bingo Raffle – participants that visit a booth receive a vendor stamp/punch; 14 unique stamps = 1 entry into our raffle
- Vendor Ideas resource to get you started
- Expo advertised to membership in advance and throughout the day
*If your organization provides Raffle Prizes valued at more than $100, you will have access to all raffle participants’ shared contact information (name and email offered by raffle participants) after our Expo has concluded.
*Setup will be on Thursday afternoon (from 5–7pm). Meet our Executive Director, Angela Childress.
*Takedown will be allowed by 8pm Friday.
V. Scholarship Offers
Stoa is honored to connect our competitors with post-secondary, academic options through scholarship opportunities at NITOC. Universities tell us repeatedly that our high-achieving students are recruited in earnest! In years past, more than $11,000,000 in scholarship offers were awarded to our competitors. We expect to have over 600 qualifying students at NITOC this year.
We award a National Champion in each of our 20 categories, one Sweepstakes Champion (best overall Speech) and one Tournament Champion (best overall speech and debate).
In order to provide the best opportunity for colleges and students to match in scholarship awards, we offer flexible selections of events, amounts, and students to choose from.
We have THREE exciting ways to offer scholarships:
- Traditional Scholarship Offers: Organizations may choose to award a scholarship to “finalists” or “the finalist” of a particular event(s). This is a “merit-based” award given at our award ceremony.
- Blanket Scholarship: Scholarship given to all students. Universities or colleges may also award all competitors a partial scholarship, placing this award in packets at the beginning of the week.
- Early Bird Scholarship Offerings: Award scholarship amounts to competitors who 1) mark interest in your institution and 2) are sophomore to senior-level high school students. You allot the size of scholarships, and they will be awarded to students in a lottery-style format prior to the end of our NITOC ceremonies. This award process allows connection and advertisement during our competition week.
- Note: When families register for NITOC, they will have an opportunity to mark a school that they are interested in attending. From that list of interested students, a student will be selected prior to the end of the NITOC week. The school will also have a list of “interested students” that they can connect with in later weeks.
- Restrictions: We will only be able to offer the early-bird scholarship until registration opens, targeted for mid-April.
Our goal is to advance the next generation as graduates who are “Speaking Boldly. Changing the World for Christ”. Will you partner with us to support these fine students and families?
Later on… Stoa Academy Vendor and Sponsor Opportunity!
We will be offering vendor opportunities this summer. Cannot make it to our national Stoa Academy? Consider sponsorship. More information coming soon!